Saturday, September 11, 2010

His Thoughts To Us

Photo: My niece Jessica was engaged to Sean Northrop this week.

Thought for the Day

Nehemiah 5:19
Think upon me, my God, for good, according to all that I have done for this people.

Here we see Nehemiah, ever the prayer warrior, calling out to God for consideration and comfort. In Psalm 139:17-18, the psalmist said, How precious also are thy thoughts to me, O God! how great is the sum of them! (18) If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand...

With all the frustration going on in Nehemiah's life, the attacks of his enemies, the discouragement of the people he was trying to lead, and the selfishness of the rulers around him; he turned to the Lord for understanding and comfort. In other words, he was saying, You know my heart Lord; You know why I am doing this; keep me in your thoughts, Lord! Have you reminded God to "think about you" lately? It is not that He needs a reminder, but He loves to hear the dependent cry of His people to Him.

Application
Lord, remember me for good today. I need to be aware of Your awareness of me. As long as you are pleased with me today, that is all that matters.