Sunday, September 19, 2010

Preparing To Worship

Thought for the Day
Nehemiah 7:1-2
(1) Now it came to pass, when the wall was built, and I had set up the doors, and the porters and the singers and the Levites were appointed,
(2) That I gave my brother Hanani, and Hananiah the ruler of the palace, charge over Jerusalem: for he was a faithful man, and feared God above many.


The whole point of rebuilding the walls was that the Jews could worship their God in the city of Jerusalem in safety.

Preparing for Worship involves...
  1. Guarding the Perimeter of Your Life
  2. Reserving the Inner Circles of Your Life for Godly People
  3. Becoming An Example of Faithfulness to Others

Application
Worship is the main focus of our lives as believers in Christ. An absence of any of the above from my life will hinder my ability to worship the Lord in spirit and in truth. Lord, help me today to worship You in purity, out of a true heart.