Friday, November 19, 2010

The Debt of Gratitude

Photo: I am thankful for health and strength to enjoy the things that are important in life. Julianna's volleyball photo.

Thought for the Day
Psalms 50:14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:

We tend to want to offer God our money, or time, or songs, or whatever; but what He is truly desirous of is our heart. The "vows" God wants "paid" from us is simply that we would offer Him thanks from the heart. I will continue to "pay my vows" to the Lord this month as I compile my list of 100 things for which I am thankful. I am surrounded by two things each day: things that can cause me to grumble, and things that can cause me to give thanks. The amazing thing that I am discovering is that they are both the same things; it is simply my perspective that determines their worth.

As you thank the Lord for the things in your life today, remember that you are paying to Him a great debt of gratitude!