Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Lighted Path

Thought for the Day
Proverbs 4:18
(18) But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.

Several weeks ago Annabeth asked me why God makes us wait until we die to see Heaven. This is a very common thought for us humans. I often wish that the Lord would show me all the details of his plan for me all at once, but this is not the way He works. His plan is reveled gradually, like the way the lights on a car only illuminate what is immediately in front of me. It is as I move into the light that I have that more light is revealed. It shines "more and more" as I move closer to Him. Even when Israel was sent in to conquer the promised land, they were told that God would drive out their enemies from the land "little by little" (Ex 23:29, 30). He does not show us His plan all at once or we would probably become completely overwhelmed.

Walk in the light that God has given you today. Find one thing in His Word to act on today and the next step will become increasingly apparent.

If you are uncertain of your relationship with God check out the link "How to Know God" at www.fbc301.org.