Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

My "Thankfulness List"- Making a written list of 100 things for which I am thankful has been used greatly of God in my heart this month. I can truly say He has given me an "attitude of gratitude!"

Thought for the Day
Psalms 100:1-5
A Psalm of praise
(1) Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.
(2) Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.
(3) Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
(4) Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
(5) For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

As I sit here on Thanksgiving morning, I am filled with gratitude for my life. I am fully aware though that the blessings I enjoy are only because of my Lord Jesus Christ. He has enabled me to know God and serve Him. I am convinced that there are two things about God that I must be aware of and rest in if I can fully experience His presence and blessing.

These two things are that 1.God is Great, and 2. God is Good! If God were not great, He would be incapable of bringing His good will for me to pass. If God were not good, His immense power could not be trusted to do that which is best for me. Power without goodness is corrupting, and goodness without power is incapable of fully expressing itself. I am grateful that my Lord is both Great and Good as the earliest childhood prayer that I was taught reminded me each night. Praise Him this Thanksgiving for He alone is worthy!

"God is great, God is good let us thank Him for this food, amen!"