Friday, August 27, 2010

Forgotten Heroes

Video: This is an incredible look into the sacrifices being made by our military wives and children. Please give it a watch. Brought me to tears.



Thought for the Day
1 Samuel 30:24 For who will hearken unto you in this matter? but as his part is that goeth down to the battle, so shall his part be that tarrieth by the stuff: they shall part alike.

As I watched this video that was put together by the American Legion, it reminded me of this passage of Scripture. The army of Israel was heading into battle, the Lord reminds them that a war cannot be fought without a tremendous amount of support. His conclusion was that those who stayed behind keeping up with "the stuff" (all the details of life, families, etc.) were to be honored on an equal footing with those who "go down to battle".

Our military families sacrifice so much for the sake of our country. We are currently in the longest war in American history with soldiers who have made multiple deployments. Each of these deployments exact great cost from the families that remain behind. I could not imagine my children and wife having to pay such a dear price. Sadly, they are seldom recognized and little appreciated. I for one no longer want to be negligent of recognizing their sacrifice. Our position on the wars is not the issue, our love and gratitude for others sacrifice on our behalf is!

Application
Lord, I repent of my unconcern and ingratitude for our military families. Help me to call attention to their service. Bless them today; meet their needs and use their difficult circumstances to draw them to Yourself.