Saturday, July 17, 2010

Perplexing Privilege

Photo: Anna in Togo. One of the most incredible people I know is Anna Chubb. She is one of my heroes of the faith. We are blessed to have her with us for the entire day tomorrow. I'm looking forward to a great day of worship and surrender.

Thought for the Day
John 12:24-26 Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abides alone: but if it die, it brings forth much fruit. (25) He that loves his life shall lose it; and he that hates his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. (26) If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honor.

To think that the Creator of the universe would honor one of His fallen creatures is absolutely beyond my comprehension. What honor is there in me that has not proceeded from Him to begin with. God calls me by His grace, implants His divine nature within me, puts before me a world of opportunity like a giant candy store, and then honors me for simply following Him into service for that world which is my most reasonable service. WOW! simply incredible.

Application
Father, May my life honor You today as I set out to serve others through You. I am most inadequate for this task, but incredibly grateful for the privilege.