Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Honor of Sacrifice

Photo: Great Independence Day celebration at the church last night. Praise God for holding back the rain in answer to prayer! I had such a great time and the fireworks were amazing!

Thought for the day
Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

It was Patrick Henry at St. John's Church in Richmond, Va. who uttered the now famous statement, "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"

In my Christian life, I know not what course others may take, but as for me, I choose to serve the Lord with my whole heart! The presentation of my life to Jesus my King as a living sacrifice is simply reasonable when I consider the great mercy that He has shown to me. Living for the Lord is not a burden in any measure; it is the greatest privilege that I have. To think that I can live in united purpose with the Creator is overwhelming to me. Thank you, God!

Application
Meditate today on the gift of life that has been given to you in Christ. Realize the great mercy He has shown in saving you and then respond in worship to Him by presenting yourself as His living sacrifice.