Monday, June 14, 2010

The Blessed People















Photos: Bowling activity with church family after pm service last night. We had a great time together.

Thought of the Day
Psalms 89:15-18 Blessed are the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of your countenance. (16) In your name shall they rejoice all the day: and in your righteousness shall they be exalted. (17) For you are the glory of their strength: and in your favor our horn shall be exalted. (18) For the LORD is our defense; and the Holy One of Israel is our king.

I love the phrase "blessed are the people". I cannot get over the fact that among all the billions on our planet today I have been privileged to be one of the Blessed People! We are the people that know the joyful sound of God's Word. We are privileged to live everyday in the light of His countenance. Barnes explains this last phrase as "
They shall live in thy favor, and enjoy thy smiles." It fills me with inexpressible joy to imagine the Lord looking down from heav
en smiling over me, not because I am so deserving or worthy, but because I belong to Him through the new birth in Christ who has made me worthy because only He is truly worthy.

Application
As you think of the people whose paths you will cross today remember the fact that you are one of the Blessed People, but they can be as well by faith in Jesus alone. Look for that opening to share Christ with them today.